This is a full-time role based out of Manchester, UK. You will need to have the right to live, work and drive in the UK. The role involves travel globally.
We’re looking for an experienced AV and/or Lighting Design Engineer to help create some of the world’s most immersive experiences and attractions.
You’ll work closely with our Technical Director to innovate, scope, design, install and programme highly creative solutions across both live and fixed install projects. If you’re hands-on, inventive, creative, a team player and have a passion for creating unforgettable experiences, you’re a perfect fit for our team.
This is a real end-to-end job, starting from creative ideation and R+D all the way through commissioning. You’ll have experience designing and integrating technical show scopes, including audio, video, control, distribution, lighting and networks.
- Design technically robust, innovative, and commercially savvy solutions across all stages of a project lifecycle (concept, schematic, detailed)
- Prepare and create schematic and detailed level drawings
- Support the commercial team with bid packages and RFPs to help win new business
- Develop technical solutions and cost estimates as part of creative workshops and bids
- Create supporting bill of materials, bid documentation, system specifications and architecture and site reports
- Design maintenance methodologies and documentation
- If applicable, program lighting, show control, or audio systems.
- Support with project post installation, ensuring performance excellence and delivery on design intent
- Collaborate with a mixture of inhouse teams and external partners
- Effectively communicate with end clients
- Provide technology feasibility assessments and recommendations
- Lead and participate in technology R+D phases
- Engineer proof of concepts, feasibility technology assessments and mock-ups
- Be prepared to travel domestically and internationally
- Assist with team recruitment and business growth
- Support the identification and qualification of outsourcing partners
- Continually push the technological limits, striving to make Conductr the best we can be at all times.
You should have:
- At least two years held in a professional AV/Lighting design/engineering role
- Competency and working knowledge of audio-visual technology, show control systems, and media networks.
- A working knowledge of IT networks incl. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC etc.
- Knowledge of Autocad, Revit, BIM and Sketchup software
- A desire to work with advanced and cutting-edge technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication in English
- Experience working with products from various manufacturers, such as Barco, Christie, Medialon, Alcorn McBride, , Q-SYS, Pharos, EOS, etc.
- Knowledge of playback video systems and projection systems (Watchout, 7th Sense, Coolux, Disguise, etc.)
- Proficiency with computers and standard office programs (MS Word, Excel, Outlook), knowledge of Audio-Visual Software. AutoCAD and/or MS Visio experience
- It would be great if you have:
- Experience in theme parks, museums or location-based entertainment
- Experience in implementing next-generation technologies in differing environments
- Creativity // We constantly challenge the norm. We ask what the future holds and push our own boundaries of imagination.
- Participation // We encourage participation and inclusion at all levels. We are a team and work best as a collective
- Connectivity // We delivery audience centric experiences that encourage human connection, the emotion and immersion comes first, not the technology.
- Innovation // We are constantly pushing to discover what’s next and how to harness its capability.
- Inclusion // Diversity, equality, accessibility and sustainability are critical to our existence and growth.
- Collaboration // We can't do it alone, and pride ourselves by collaborating with partner clients, suppliers, artists and designers.
- Agile // Adapt, iterate, and improve. We're used to challenging projects that take on the unknown.
We pride ourselves on our collaborative and fun working environment in which people can help refine their skills in creating cutting edge solutions and experiences. We offer a competitive salary plus bonus potential, pension contributions and additional reward scheme options, all in our flexible working environment in the heart of Manchester.
We're always eager to hear from aspirational and motivated individuals who feel they have something to add to our team. If that's you, please email your CV and any cover letter or portfolio to email@example.com